MacKeeper is a Mac security suite that can protect your Mac against attack and make its management simpler. Combining ID protection, antivirus, location tracking and system cleaning, it's promoted as a true 'one stop shop' security solution.
MacKeeper has an interesting take on web security: a real time URL database of problematic sites. Users can edit these lists and add site that want to block.
In addition to these tools, MacKeeper has location tracking tools that can automatically take a picture of anyone trying to steal your Mac, using the built in camera, then sends it to the owner via email.
Key Features include:
- File and folder encryption to thumb drives, external drives or via FTP.
- A disk cleaner to detect and remove junk, preventing wasted disk space and improving system performance.
- Automatic application monitoring of installed programs; this alerts the user if an upgrade is available.
- Full management of items that open at login, and the ability to uninstall all kinds of panes and plugins that are otherwise tricky to delete.
- Comprehensive file association management, so users can easily change the application used to open a particular file.
MacKeeper covers a lot of bases and is praised highly in the tech press. It's a very usable, highly comprehensive suite for Mac optimisation and tweaking.
We don't have any change log information yet for version 4.4 of MacKeeper. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.